Lateral Flow Assay Development Services
Innova Biosciences' full lateral flow assay (LFA) development service will take your assay development from initial idea, through to R&D and then transfer to trusted partners for bulk manufacturing.
Although this service is a natural follow on from our InnovaCoat® GOLD Optimization service, the service is divided into four modules so customers have the flexibility to pick and choose only the services they require.
The full service (all four modules) is a multi-step project providing you with different options, from proof of principle LFA using a dipstick (with either spots or lines on the nitrocellulose membrane), to full strips with lines (or spots), sample pad, conjugate pad and absorbent pad.
Module 1 - Conjugation service
- Standard conjugate with 10, 20, 40 or 80nm gold (find out more)
- Micro-optimization/orientated labeling (find out more)
Module 2 – Assay development
The dipstick is a qualitative assay to prove that the conjugation has been successful and that the assay set up is correct. The liquid gold conjugates are premixed with antigen making this format ideal for quick development. The use of spots will significantly reduce the quantity of antibody required.
Dipstick strip size example (spots or lines on the nitrocellulose):
In this format the capture antibody is dispensed on the nitrocellulose as a spot (test). A control is also spotted on the nitrocellulose.
Instead of spots, the strips can have antibodies dispensed as a T and C line, however higher antibody amounts are required due to the machine priming process.
Gold conjugates are mixed with the sample containing the antigen and this mix is then run as a liquid on a 96 well plate where the dipstick is inserted on the well and run.
What is included?
- Using your antigen provided in buffer or sample, we will show liquid gold conjugates tested on a dipstick strip using a capture antibody on the nitrocellulose.
- If spots are dispensed on the nitrocellulose we will provide images (qualitative method). If lines are dispensed the signal will be read and the sensitivity calculated (quantitative method).
Full Lateral Flow Strip Assay
The full strips are the final lateral flow device and have the gold conjugates dried on the conjugate pad, overlapping the sample pad. This is semi-quantitative and a reader can be used.
The full strip assay format provides the same materials as with the dipstick assay format with the addition of the conjugate pad containing the dried gold conjugate by dipping.
- Using the antigen provided by you in buffer or sample, we will show liquid gold conjugates tested on a dipstick strip and a capture antibody on the nitrocellulose.
- If spots are dispensed on the nitrocellulose we will provide images (qualitative method). If the lines are dispensed the signal will be read and the sensitivity calculated (quantitative method).
- Purification prior to conjugation
- Pads are included however if you wish for us to order specific materials for you, this can be arranged at an extra cost. Alternatively if you wish to send us your own pads a discount will be applied.
*additional costs apply
Our experienced in-house team will determine the optimal amount of capture antibody on the nitrocellulose and will test different pads and membrane treatments to provide you with your optimized lateral flow assay. Optimization of your assay will provide you with the best possible performance at the lowest manufacturing cost.
- A full strip of 2 conjugate pads with dried conjugates, 3 sample pads, 1 absorbent pad and 1-2 nitrocellulose cards
- Data showing assay sensitivity using the different conditions and pads
This service allows you to purchase assembled strips for your lateral flow assay.
The service requires you to provide us with your preferred antibody to be dispensed on the strip and to be conjugated to the gold (if required). The antibody must be purified, if not Innova can perform purification prior to conjugation at an additional cost.
- Dipstick strip - 2 lines (T and C line) dispensed on the nitrocellulose, and an absorbent pad
- Full strip - 2 lines (T and C) line dispensed on the nitrocellulose, an absorbent pad, a conjugate pad with the dried gold conjugate, and a sample pad
- The strips will be sent in sealed foil pouches with silica – each bag contains around 50 strips
- A lateral flow assay to show the strips are working